On August 19, 1935, the Nekoosa Credit Union was chartered, serving the employees of the Nekoosa-Edwards Paper Company and their immediate families. The original office space that housed the operation of the credit union was provided by the Nekoosa-Edwards Paper Company.
As the credit union evolved, expansions to the original charter were granted to include persons residing or employed in Wood, Adams, and Juneau Counties.
In 1968, the credit union acquired a property located at 115 Prospect Avenue, converting a then gas station to office space, which was utilized until 1982, when our present facility was erected. In 1999, the present facility was expanded by approximately 1,200 square feet of office space and a detached two-lane drive thru facility for the added convenience of our members.
Copyright © Nekoosa Credit Union - All Rights Reserved.